We have been told for years that we need to sleep at least eight hours each night. However, research studies that were done as early as 2002 have suggested that the perfect amount of sleep may be six to seven hours for adults. Keep in mind, that some people will need more sleep than others as they age, but it’s pretty easy to determine if you’re sleeping enough or not. Do you wake up after a night of sleep and feel great or do you wish you could sleep just a little longer? Your body just can’t function as it should without adequate sleep. To help you find ways to get more sleep, we’ve included some tips that might help you fall asleep faster.
* Avoid eating anything at least two hours before bedtime, including sugary snacks. Foods that increase your blood sugar will keep you awake.
* Listen to recordings of nature sounds, white noise, or relaxation music. It also helps to meditate right before bedtime.
- Avoid watching TV before bedtime. This stimulates the mind and keeps you alert and thinking. Instead, find a relaxing activity such as reading to do before going to bed.
Adequate sleep and slowing aging is critical for those people using any anti aging methods or that need to generally improve their health. Find out for yourself how getting to bed earlier and getting the sleep your body needs can do for you. You will also find that it perfectly compliments any techniques you are using to fight the signs of aging.
Zeo Personal Sleep Coach Description: A new culture of personal data is taking shape. Personal tracking products empower individuals with data and promote self improvement. Until now, these products have all been oriented towards diet and exercise. But what about sleep – the third part of the health + wellness triad directly linked to performance, mood and health?
Introducing the Zeo Personal Sleep Coach, the first product designed with leading sleep scientists that allows users to easily and accurately track their sleep phases at home, then provides personalized tips & advice based on that data to help them get a better night’s rest.
How Zeo Works
- Zeo Headband & Bedside Display – Wear the wireless headband while you sleep;see the quality & quantity of your night’s sleep on the Bedside Display in the morning.
- myZeo Website – Upload your sleep data tosee sleep trends over time; keep a journal of your daytime activities to discover how lifestyle choices and environmental factors impact your sleep.
- 7 Steps to Sleep Fitness –Receive customized coaching emails that provide tips and advice based on your own sleep data to help you get a better night’s rest.